Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Birthday Bash part 1

First off, what was originally going to be a throw away birthday (that I nearly cancelled) turned out to be on of the best ever!  It started off with people coming over.  I set up about an hour and a half with pizza just so people would be around when we left for Lazer Tag.  What I didn't count on was that it was start rocking from moment GO.  I got a couple of fantastic DVD sets and a deck of translucent playing cards for my Gambit costume.  Jill, Satan (I'm sorry but that's how he shows up in my head), Quilty, Regan, Chuck and Andrew were all there playing Wii.  That reminds me, I have an amazing winning streak in our Mario Party game that must be finished at some point.  Jill, being the homebody that she is, brought over 5 containers of coco-rice crispy treats with ridiculous amounts of marshmallow.  After that we all (sans Jill and Satan) heded out to Lazer Tag. I rented the place out for 4 games.  We did two games of 3 on 3.  I placed in the top 3 both times (number 1 the first time).  It was fun but ridiculously hot.  That might have had something to do with the fact that I tried to suit up but couldn't find an appropriate tie.  The people running the place said that there was a group for one game so we played air hockey and the giant 2 screen X-Men game in the arcade.  When we got back they asked if it would be OK for another group of people to join in.  Apparently they thought that I had only rented it our for 2 games and was done.  Since we had been shooting each other for half an hour I thought it would be cool to team up and shoot strangers.  This is when it got crazy.  3 teams of about 6-8 each.  The place was now packed.  After a few minutes of play there's someone shot out for a moment every time we turned around.  It was crazy.  I kept sneaking into places near other teams bases and waited.  A few times people would jump around corners and be shocked that they were hit.  One time someone actually jumped out in front of me and shouted "HA!" but I was crouching and he was hit.  In the end we had about double the score of the second place team (40,000s against 20,000s and then 10,000s).  And we had 2 of the top 3 spots.  Yeah, I was still in there.  The second stranger game was crazy.  At this point they saw the spread and it turned into two teams against us.  We were getting hit more than ever.  And this time they weren't walking around.  The players on the other teams would just camp out in spots.  Eventually Andrew, Regan and I took the red base and Took turns hitting it, running out and covering each other.  When it ended we thought we had lost that one but lo!  The score was just under (shy by a thousand or so) of doubling the second place score again (still in the 40 thousands while they were in the 20 thousands).  Once again we placed 2 of the top 3 and once again, I was up there. If I went into detail about the fights it would probably bore you.  It'd most likely be someone telling you war stories mixed with someone describing the movie TRON.  So I won't.  But I will tell you that it's more fun than I thought, and I expected it to be fun enough to base a party around.  It's even better since it turns out that a bunch of us are really good.  And that was Part 1.  Part 2 needs a little prep.  It was the first viewing of Star War: Backstroke of the West.  I've got to get the screen captures for some key points.  And yes, we do need to watch it again so if you missed it this time there will be more.

No comments: