Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2005

These people...

            I’m going to open by saying that some of the dumbest people ever are in Arts High.  Last night there was an event, they had a reading in the store.  I was tipped off by the smiling, vacant girl wearing homemade wings standing outside the store.  She seemed like Angel from "Nash Bridges" but without the redeeming twists of fate and moments of wisdom.  Inside she ran into someone she knew and started screaming and hugging.  Yeah, that's the kind of people I had to deal with.  Preps in leather cowboy hats, girls in matching hipster caps and other people who try to hard.  And I can stomach these people in passing.  I’ve had to.  But then they come up and ask the dumbest questions, pick the most generic "artsy" music, have the most trite conversations ever!  Dear lord.  I wanted to just pick up a "White Mud Freeway" or "Grand Tourism" album and start beating them over the head.  If you’re going to be an elitist then at least pick the really food stuff.

 

            As for personal life, I’m still searching for a fantastic read.  I picked up a copy of "Stranger in a Strange Land".  It’s a classic and I haven't read it.  Maybe I’ll grab "Catch 22".  I know, I should have read it in 7th grade, so sue me.

No comments: