Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Why PETA should start eating meat... Mine.

            This rant started on Beliefnet.  For those of you who don’t know, Beliefnet is an online source of moderately ignorant, and very touchy-feely, well… crap.  Check this link for an example.  That article proves that no matter how dumb you think people are, they probably understand even less than you give them credit for.  Then I stumbled onto this.  Thank god, for I had simply forgotten all about PETA.  PETA, for those of you lucky enough not to know, is a group that’s dedicated to helping fuzzy-wuzzies while fighting against animal cruelty, any sort of pleasure in life or the smallest semblance of logic.  In short: PETA is for fuck-ups.

            It’s a scientific fact.  I was actually going to rant against Beliefnet but upon reading recent PETA publications I could not stay silent!  Let’s go to their page for a moment, shall we?  Under their campaigns is this:

They equate cooking fish with killing people.  In one of their older campaigns they equate the holocaust with, well, meat.  These people don’t have a sense of proportion, do they?  And they can’t be for animal rights.  Animals deserve protection from humans who don’t treat them with respect?  Then what about their fantastic ads for spaying and neutering?  That’s surgery to take away reproductive abilities (or, if you’re a PETA putz, rights) of animals.

            But it’s good for them in the big picture.  In the long run there will be less homeless animals on the street being put down.  Fuck that!  PETA, you don’t have the right to pick and choose what your ethical system applies to.  You take a standard and you stick with it.  Otherwise you’re a hypocrite and a liar.  You either think that you can do what you want to animals (though it should be tempered with common sense) or you completely protect them.  What PETA’s doing, that’s the equivalent of saying that you’re a Malthusian for human rights.  Sterilize the poor for the sake of society.  Carrying PETA’s system to humans, that’s what it comes out to.

            PETA=fucknuggets.  Be a vegetarian.  Good for you.  Do it because you don’t like the taste of meat.  Do it because you think it’s cruel to animals and you don’t want to be a part of that market demand.  That’s fantastic.  Be a vegan because you’re truly dedicated.  Fan-fucking-tastic.  But don’t you dare tell me it’s natural and closer to a balance with nature.  If you’re a vegetarian you are taking the top predator in the environment and pulling it out of the equation.  Nature and “animal rights” ethics don’t match.  You can take either side of the issue.  They’re both legitimate.  But saying that PETA is what’s right for animals?  That’s bullshit.  PETA is what’s right for people who’s conscious can’t deal with a real natural order, with the fact that nature has engineered a system of death, decay and sustenance.  Suffering is in there, but it’s not a factor other than a side effect or a survival avoidance tactic.

            Don’t eat animals or wear fur, but by all means, cut off their balls and scoop out their ovaries.  That’s not what’s right or natural?  That’s what makes you hyper-activists sleep better.  I eat meat.  I wear leather.  I don’t do fur, but that’s because I think it’s just excessive.  In fact, I fucking love meat.  The best steak I ever had was raw.  And I don’t hate animals.  Well, dogs.  And children.  But I love cats.  And you know what lets me sleep at night?  Ambien.  I pop pills while PETA lies on an international scale, misleading people and taking their money to disrupt businesses in a system (ecological or economical) that they don’t understand.  Yeah, I eat animals and I sleep well at night.  And I don’t have to con others or myself to do it.  So in salute, here’s my love meat, you self-deluded twits:

 


No comments: