Pages

Monday, February 14, 2005

Tunes, Trials, T(women) and Teengers

            Long overdue, I know, but this is just a check in.  And oh my, what an eventful time it’s been.  Where to begin?

            Music.  The ongoing search for good music continues, and bears fruit.  These fruits are called the following: Moloko, The Rapture, Lampshade, Benny Sings, The Go Find, Beat Happening, The Kills and Stephen Malkmus.  The last one is the only one I’ve been able to analyze simply because I don’t have albums for the others.  He’s great.  He’s from Pavement.  Really, write ‘em all down.  Get them.  Hear them.  Feel them and then run from cops.  Oh, and Munk.  The song Kick Out the Chairs.  Instant classic.  And the video is to die for.  Indi-rock models.  Fantabulous.

            The other side of music is this:  I’m forming a band.  Being that I’m an egoist, pretentious and a really good writer I’ve made myself the lead singer.  And I play didgeridoo.  The band, for all of you on the up and coming edge, is called The Big Nosed Kites.  I mentioned it at Hillel and it didn’t go over too well.  But that’s ok.  We have a singer and a bassist.  We need the rest.  And we’ll be based out of Jersey, so if you want to apply simply drop a line.  It’s that easy.  Admission isn’t, but application is.

            What else?  Of course!  The trials.  First there was trial by woman.  Then trial by Fire and Flood.  That’s right.  What sort of school year would it be if there wasn’t a flood and fire to try my patience?  I didn’t want to leave and assumed it was a drill so I stayed in my room.  About 1 or 2 hours later I started getting nervous because of all the people running on my floor.  I messed my hair, pulled off my nice shirt and stumbled out the door.  “Whaaa?”  I asked and was greeted by a cop and about 7 firemen.  “There’s a fire.  What are you doing in here?”  I told them the alarm didn’t go off in my room and that I was heavily under sedation.  Yes, I split infinitives at them and they didn’t even flinch.  The system doesn’t go off in your room.  I told them it did when there wasn’t a real fire.  They glared.  I put on shoes and left. 

            As for the trial by woman, don’t fear.  It’s not my girlfriend.  All is good on that front.  As for the trial, you’ll probably all have access to it.  I’m just trying to figure out the form: screenplay, play or prose? 

            My room, just to let everyone know, has kept its cycle of nature.  Yes, it is currently building itself up with laundry and trash and that foot smell that boy-rooms get.  Soon it will emerge from this chrysalis as a shining, pristine dorm; complete with floor!  But as of now I almost die trying to open the fridge.  And the contents fight back.  It’s not a good situation.

            Finally, media.  Tomorrow I plan to watch Napoleon Dynamite, which I’ve only heard one person rave about, many despise and a few think it was alright.  What I do have now is the fourth season of Degrassi: The Next Generation.  And I am a TNG fan.  I can’t wait till episodes 20/21, when Kevin Smith, Jason Mewes and Alanis Morrisette all guest.  I have no doubt it shall prove to be fantastique!  And that’s all for tonight.  So, onward with life, trials, tribulations and teenage melodrama!

            Oh, and I just had to do this:

I am nerdier than 92% of all people.
Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!

No comments: