Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2006

Virals and memes

Well, I see it's been about a month so I guess it's time to post again. It's been interesting and busy, but I'm not sure how much of the last month I want to hash out again so I'm going to keep this pretty light. Quick note, Kate is completely psychotic. I don't mean crazy like "dem crazy dames" or even Tom Cruise crazy. I mean "I don't know what reality is" crazy. If you read this, I just wanted to tell you. If not, it's still a good warning for everyone else. Virals. I've been telling people about some great sites and virals that I've come across recently. Since some are from friends of friends I thought it'd be nice to consolidate them. Someone posted the "Shining" re-edit preview a while back and that got me thinking to other edits. So I hunted them down like dirty animals and collected them here for you.

The Shining - One of the best, if not the best, I've seen. It's spot on and so tight. Not a wasted cut. And the sound choice is superb.

Titanic - I think this is from the same group. Also a good one, though easier material.

Brokeback to the Future - Oh, it's as bad as it sounds. But better...

Sleepless in Seattle - Cut too fast. It could have been sharper if they used longer bits. Funny, though.

Star WOz - A strange mash of Star Wars and Wizard of Oz. It has it's moments.

Lord of the Rink - A LOTR sports cut up for contest. It's cute, but it didn't win.

West Side Story - Now with zombies.

Psycho: A Love Story - This one isn't quite good but I put it here to be thorough. It takes the easy, heavy-handed way through the whole thing. Nice idea, bad follow through.

The Passion of Benny Hill - Chad told me to watch it. Need I say more? And just for him, this link.

Fast Times at Hero High - Actually, this is a really short film. The trailer is all original and one of the funniest things I've seen in fandom ever. Smooth move, Hamilton.

That's it for movies. The rest of this I got from someone else's blog so I can't take credit for finding them. This will take you to an awesome keyboard. I'm not kidding. It will make you wet, nerd or not. It's just... great aesthetics. This last link is to a Wired article about free and innovative games. Strange Attractors is addicting as anything, so be careful. Snood careful. Facade is sickeningly voyerisitic and enthralling. The fact that you can intterupt and say anything at any time is great. No choose your own adventure, this.

That's about it for web stuff. I'll be back soon, probably with some music reviews. Maybe politics. You know that's how I roll, folks.

And for some strange reason I can't indent on LJ anymore...

No comments: