Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2006

... And we're back.

      Like I said, my good days are few and far between.  Today consisted of putting in for bereavement time and being told that making a new drink for our "Staff Creations" menu was a firing offense.  Fun fun fun.  I just think it's fuckin' stoopid to do that.  Not they bereavement thing, the drink thing.  I got the OK from the cafe supervisor and we have a big official "Staff Creations" menu in a large 3-ring binder.  And a price sheet.  It's considered stealing?  Do me a favor!  First of all, it was a small (literally, that was the size of the cup) drink.  I don't "create" a new drink every day.  And we get free coffee to begin with.  Which I don't partake of all that much.  I stick to tea and water.  For another, it's a fucking good drink!  Ass.
      On the brighter side of life, I've finished a mix I promised Jeff for Hannukah.  Not exactly an even trade, I know, but it's something.  It started as a simple mix, evolved into a holiday gift and then grew into a 5 volume extravaganza.  It's all complete, assembled and volumized, titled as well.  There are 3 main discs.  They are each soundtracks to ideas of films.  I gave Jeff an early listen to volume one.  If someone's going to get an advanced copy, it's going to be Jeff.  Well, me, then Jeff.  Anyway.  He liked it.  A lot.  Something about having "excellent focus on constancy and flow".  Of course he also said that I'm "an introspective but to the point of mental claustrophobia".
      The first three volumes are the main event.  After that there are two b-side collections.  Tonight, I will give you the first 3.  Soon, the b sides.  These are permanent links with unlimited bandwidth.  So download whenever you want, as often as you'd like.  This ain't no crappy-ass 7 day event.  Just to let you know.
      And so, I present you with

Dory My Firned
A Soundtrack in Parts

      To listen, simply rename the .mms to .zip.  Extract and enjoy.   The up coming b sides are entitled 4 - B Sides of Off Kilter Folk and 5 - B Sides of Camp Await.  They are less coherent, but still carefully constructed.  The choices were more random, the placement more deliberate.  When I post them I'll also include a full track list for all the discs.  I apologize, but dics one is about 20 seconds over the 80 minute mark.  I may trim a bit and repost.  Till then, that is all.

No comments: