Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Eating Good in the Neighborhood

Well, at least eating good until they smell a gas leak a evacuate the restaurant. The good news is that my half-price appetizers went to free half-size appetizers. The bad news is that I left hungry because I only ate half of my food. While I was taking pictures a waitress ran up to me and:
Waitress: Are you taking video? Me (warily): Pictures... Waitress: You should take video and submit it for those commercials at applebees.com! Me: Heh. Sure And then I start to shoot video.
And now for the Applebee's Gas Leak Evacuation Show!
Fire truck #1 Exterior establishing shot Firetruck #1 with the (really bright) SUV that showed up to investigate Firetruck #2 with an ambulance on the way So bright! A walk around I did. Video is kinda choppy since it was shot at night, but you can see a bunch of people just sitting around. The rest left because, hey, free food! And here's a little commercial. I don't know either... It was late and everyone was trying to have fun.
The end result is we couldn't go back in to pay so it was free food. We did, however tip the waiter.

No comments: