Pages

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Horrible books for horrible children

I'd like to tell you all about an exciting new opportunity.  I am creating a book club for children.  While taking books from the discard cart and removing them from the system I found a selection that are, well, wrong.  Simply wrong.  So now I thought I'd share with you these books.  If you want to frighten your children or other people's children then get them these.

Honestly, I kept having to remind myself that the books I was hold were real.  I felt as if I had been dropped in a sketch comedy show.  But no.  They were real.  And they still are.

I brought them home to share the experience with you.  And now; prepare to be shocked, amazed and horrified beyond your wildest dreams! And since not all children like the same type of terror I will divide them up.


The 'Horrible Books for Horrible Children' Book Club"

Boring

 

Full Title:

This Union Cause
The Growth of Organized Labor in America

I don't think I need to make fun of this one.  But please, name me one kid who won't fall asleep to that.

   

Are you fucking kidding me?

   

The director of my library told me that it was a shame how many books don't get checked out.  I picked this off the top of the cart and told her that some of them aren't really surprising.



Subtly Disturbing
 

Please take notice that off all the many countries that they could have used to represent the world, they had to sneak one of the Elders of Zion all the way up top.

The book also talks about how all countries are divided up by the UN into one of two categories: communist and non-communist.
  The inside only shows pictures of hobos.  Really, it is a hobo reference book.  Or, as hobos like to call them, "tiny blankets".

Nightmarish
  Kids like disaster movies because the cute dog always lives.  Kids do not like real disasters where people are forced to eat the cute dog.  And that was many years ago.

Are you shitting me?  These are real books?  Do they come with a social worker?
  Sally Can't See (that there's a fucking bird on her head)

Apparently she also doesn't have a sense of touch. 

According to the rest of the book her hobbies include putting on headphones and petting dead fish.
 

Steven went on to learn to write. 

He then penned a sequel: My Sister Harriet is a Pretty Big Bitch.

 

Don't Feel Sorry for Paul

Why?  Just because god doesn't?

Click for a much larger version where you can see that he does not have a hook-hand but rather the worlds first prosthetic butter knife-hand.


I know that some of those were tasteless.  But please bear in mind that none of those comments come anywhere near as close to the level of terrible horrible tackiness that the actual books do.

If anyone wants one of these, please let me know.  I have them all at my apartment and will give them out on a first request basis.  If no one asks, I'll put them back into the library book sale.

No comments: