Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Netflix WTF -Lost Boys 2

I've been sitting on this review for a while so I might as well toss it out now.

Lost Boys 2

What is there to say about this movie? As you might know, my rating system is based on enjoyment of a movie as a whole on a scale of –5 to positive 5. It is possible for a movie to be hated as well as liked, hence the negative end of the spectrum. It is also possible for a good movie to not be enjoyable. In the case of something as campy as the Lost Boys series I knew that rating the film would not be a straightforward deal. How wrong I was.

This movie can be condensed to a couple of bullet points, none of which really have to do with the plot in any way. So let me break it down:

Points for:

  • Boobs

  • Corey Feldman is in it

  • The vampires rip someone’s head off

Points against:

  • It took my friends and I about 1/3 of the movie to realize the lead male and female characters were siblings rather than lovers

  • Corey Feldman tries to do a Batman voice the entire movie

  • Sometimes the characters tried to talk and it never really worked out

At this point the movie was at a flat 0 for me, which is something I have rarely encountered. I felt absolutely nothing at all. We were all talking and barely noticed the TV unless something loud occurred. But then…

 


SETTING: BEACH-NIGHT

CAST: VAMPIRES AND LEAD MALE (IN PROCESS OF TURNING)

The vampires turn a beach party into a blood bath. They attack their unwitting human dates and blood flies everywhere. The lead male does not want to kill as this will further his transformation to vampire. Suddenly without warning…

Corey Feldman as Frog appears from over a hill, two sharp wooden sticks in hand.

FROG: Who ordered the stake?

The audience (my friends and I) go nuts. What a wonderful line! It’s terrible, it’s cheesy and it’s completely fitting.


And that line is why this movie is rated: +.5

No comments: