Pages

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

Ok, so it's been about half a year since my last update. Not that I've been out of touch with people that long. Instead, I've just simply forgotten to update my blog. Much has happened, but I've been talking to people instead of posting. How anti-social. Here's the quick version. If you want more detail, get in touch.

Since I've gotten engaged:

  • left Borders
  • left Barnes and Noble
  • got a job at a digital archiving company, so I'm out of retail
  • got a job at a library, which is what a lot of MLIS grads say they wish they had done first
  • moved out of my house and into an apartment with what's-her-name
  • had a kick-ass halloween costume, went to the NYC parade with a certain someone in a sexy halloween costume
  • failed to write a novel in one month
  • mentioned that "time Lisa Loeb wanted to look at my CDs" so many times that no one wants to hear that again. really, they want me to stop it.
  • got even more Hello Kitty presents
  • Lucas isn't doing well
  • have started reading again
  • listen to audio books for about 6 hours a day
  • have switched (pretty damn successfully) over to a digital SLR from film
  • am much more in touch with the news

That's a pretty good catch-up list, I do believe. Life has been all over the place. Ups and downs. Good things and bad. I've been to the futuer. I've been to the past. I've been all around the afterlife. Oh, wait. That wasn't me. I've had a SNICK party. I've had a cookie party. And now you're up to date for the past 6 months, Cliff's Notes style.

I'm going to be blogging more from now on. I've threatened promised that before but this time around I am on a mission to write more all around. I'm hoping that posting on a regular basis will help keep me on track. Worst case scenario, I'll just have a lot of book and movie reviews up. More likely than not I'll toss out personal anecdotes and news commentary with that ascerbic Spidey (Jerusalem) style that you've all come to know and, if not love, then at least need like a burning junky jones. That said, I'll probably be leaving a real post tomorrow.


P.S. (Or am I supposed to say EDIT now?)  If anyone can recommend any good audio books, that's all I do at work.  Well, not all.  Anyway, let me know.

No comments: