Pages

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

        Well folks, it was that time again.  Yes, The PREx called and I heeded.  My tape adapter for my mp3 player has broken.  The cable jiggles channels of sound in and out so I'm stuck on CDs.  If you've sat shotgun in my car recently then you will already have seen what happens when I convert to CDs again.  I try to keep the same amount of music handy.  How many CDs on a 20 gig IRiver?  A lot.  So it's a bit of a mess.  What do I do?  I go get more CDs.

    I can't give a full review right now because... I just got them.  In fact, a good number were random picks so I don't even know what the bands are like.  There is a standout among the new ones, though.  The Yoshida Brothers.  From the sampling that I've had they sound like a pop/jazz group that only performs on traditional Eastern instruments.  And it's good.  The other buys that shocked my socks was the 2 discs from T. Raumschmiere.  I heard a single off of Radio Blackout a few years back, "Monstertruckdriver", and have been dying to get my hands on it but not pay outrageous import prices.  I got these 2 for $1.99 and $3.99.  Not bad.  PREx shall provideth.  The song sounds like a mix between Kish Kash Basement Jaxx and Flood They Might Be Giants.  Having a hard time imagining that?  You should, it's a pretty screwed up combo.  But now I have that song, along with what looks to be the video and 3 or 4 more videos too.  Shiny.

    Ah, the other musical tid-bit I've been talking up: K.T. Tunstall's live performance of "Black Horse and a Cherry Tree".  There it is.  I'm not even gong to include the auto-stream that OurMedia generated because the audio is crap.  She looks a lot like Jewel, so don't be put off by that shock.  The performance is sick.  She has this loop pedal that handles like a champ.  The song sounds, well, not like the album version, but certainly not like it was performed with only her on stage.

item image

No comments: